[paludis-user] (Gentoo) `cave resolve --complete world` failed

Zesen Qian paludis-user at riaqn.com
Sat Apr 16 22:50:43 UTC 2016

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for your reply. I found the main problem was that in paludis
we use "ABI_X86: 64" instead of "ABI_X86_64" as in portage. This helped
me get rid of most rebuild and errors.

But there 're still some errors, slot-related stuff. More specifically,
all haskell packages(say A) 's version is like 0.1.2,3:0/0.1.2.3, and
haskell packages(say B) depending on this library will have ">=B-0.1.0.0:=",
so any version greater than 0.1.0.0 is good, but any changes in the slot
will trigger a rebuilt of this package B. On portage this is well handled.

Paludis cannot handle this situation, and tell me that there's no
candidate. Because I have A-0.1.2.3:0/0.1.2.3 installed, paludis insist
that any A that's install-able to be in slot 0/0.1.2.3.

haskell-updater tells me there 's no packages to be fix. So I
uninstalled all the mentioned packages(together with the packages
depending on them) and reinstall them. Problem solved.

I hope paludis can handle it someday.

--
Regards, 祝好
Zesen Qian (钱泽森)