[paludis-user] cave print-unused-distfiles vs. binary repos

denisgolovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Mon Jun 24 17:51:19 UTC 2013

Hi all

Recently, I came across a strange "cave print-unused-distfiles" behaviour.
It treats _installed_ packages from binary repos as unused.

Just like following:
denis at den-desktop ~ $ cave show gcc-win-x32
* sys-devel/gcc-win-x32
    ::installed               4.6.3 {:4.6}
    ::local-bin               4.6.3 {:4.6}
    ::overlay                 4.6.3* {:4.6}
    sys-devel/gcc-win-x32-4.6.3:4.6::installed
    Description               The GNU Compiler Collection
    Homepage                  http://gcc.gnu.org/
    From repositories         local-bin overlay

Even though my custom gcc build was definitely installed using binary repo "local-bin", "cave print-unused-distfiles" decided it unused.
"cave print-unused-distfiles" is a part of my weekly unused distfiles deletion, those binaries were just removed.

I've read a manual for "print-unused-distfiles" and I think it's an error.
Please fix it.

Denis Golovan