[paludis-user] We switched to git

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 14 13:39:21 UTC 2008

We've switched Paludis to using git. Thanks to Mike Kelly and Fernando
Pereda for doing all the work.

Things you, the user, will need to change:

* If you're using the Paludis overlay, you'll need to nuke your
repository dir, then change to the new sync URL, which is:

    git://git.pioto.org/paludis-overlay.git

* If you have a Paludis checkout, the new URL is:

    git://git.pioto.org/paludis.git

* For commits, instead use:

    git+ssh://git@git.pioto.org/paludis.git

The SVN repository is still there and read only. Which is good, because
we're still in the process of changing documentation, the various SCM
ebuilds, trac, the commits list, the bot, the various things tracking
us etc. So please don't yell at us saying we've not updated things to
the new URL yet -- we probably already know.