[paludis-user] use.unmask for Paludis

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 12:35:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:21:23 +0300
Sergey Zolotorev <sergey.zolotorev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have overloaded a profile from Portage tree and wanted to unmask
> some USE flags masked by use.mask in this profile... But it did not
> work.
>
> It seems Paludis does not support use.mask and supports use.mask only.
> Is it behavior by design or just a bug?

Paludis doesn't allow unmasking of USE flags via user configuration,
since use masks aren't designed to be overridden (a use mask isn't like
a package mask, in that it's for a package that may or may not work --
it's for a use flag that will never work).

Having said that, you can do it by appending a custom profile to the
repo profiles setting.