[paludis-user] paludis-extras replacements (Was: disable annoying warnings)

Robert Annessi robert at annessi.at
Fri Dec 26 22:47:01 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 December 2008 16:36:59 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:24:14 +0100
> Markus Leuthold <kusi at forum.titlis.org> wrote:
> > I'm using just the following to packages
> > - paludis-hooks-update-eix
> > - paludis-hooks-q-qlop
> > they seem to work, or do I miss something?
>
> You miss lots. If you want the functionality update-eix provides (which
> you probably don't -- learn to use paludis -q and inquisitio), write
> your own hook code for it. And you shouldn't be using the q packages at
> all, since they aren't EAPI or Paludis aware.

Unfortunetaly I am still using some ebuilds from paludis-extras. What is "the
paludis way" to replace/get rid of them?
app-paludis/etc-paludis
app-paludis/plop
app-paludis/paludis-hooks-log-mailer
app-paludis/paludis-hooks-undo-prelink
app-paludis/paludis-hooks-collision-protect
app-paludis/paludis-hooks-compress-docs
app-paludis/paludis-hooks-compress-man

Cheers,
Robert

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign for - plain text emails
\ /   ______________________   - attachments complying with standards