[paludis-user] Feq questions and suggestions

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs at online.de
Sun Sep 9 09:15:54 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 9. September 2007 schrieb Michal Majchrowicz:

> Can you explain me what "slot number" is? For different packages I get
> following numbers:
> 0,1.5,2,2.0,2.5,5.

There are several packages in portage of which multiple version can be
installed at the same time. I.e. you can install both QT 3 and 4 on the same
system, where qt3 is installed in slot 3 and qt4 is installed in slot 4. This
way those versions can be treated as virtually different packages.

However, this is not unique to paludis. It's a portage feature that exists
since years.

HTH...

	Dirk