[paludis-dev] [Paludis] #1316: Cannot 'cave resolve dev-db/mysql' because of transient blocking circle reference between virtual/mysql and dev-db/mysql

Paludis trac-paludis at exherbo.org
Wed Oct 1 18:04:52 UTC 2014

#1316: Cannot 'cave resolve dev-db/mysql' because of transient blocking circle
reference between virtual/mysql and dev-db/mysql
-----------------------------+-------------------
    Reporter:  christian.    |      Owner:
        Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  new

Comment (by ciaranm):

 You can use {{{ --favour }}} and {{{ --favour-matching }}} here.
 Unfortunately there's no generally decent way of selecting which of a {{{
 || }}} block we should pick: the data we get as input isn't enough to let
 us make an intelligent decision, and every time we add in a new clever
 heuristic, it breaks something else...

--
Ticket URL: <http://paludis.exherbo.org/trac/ticket/1316#comment:1>
Paludis <http://paludis.exherbo.org/>