[paludis-dev] Paludis 0.74.0 Released

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 15 15:57:44 UTC 2012

Paludis 0.74.0 has been released:

    * The way || dependencies are handled has changed to allow upgrades
      in certain situations that would previously be blocked.

    * Previously file descriptors would be leaked when adding certain
      types of files to a tar being created for a pbin. This is now
      fixed.

    * We now strip certain kinds of trailing garbage from tar files, to
      deal with upstreams who insist upon distributing corrupted
      tarballs.

    * We now define ${T} to something usable in pkg_pretend.

    * The order of arguments passed to econf has been tweaked, to make
      it easier to override defaults.

    * cave print-ids etc now have a '%u' format, for a uniquely
      identifying spec.

    * Added cave print-checksum, for convenience.

    * We now use metadata/md5-cache if it exists.

    * We now ignore self-blockers for Gentoo EAPIs, to avoid problems
      with developers screwing up package moves.

    * Compilation with GCC 4.7 should now work.