[paludis-dev] [Paludis] #1048: cave print-repository-metadata --raw-name sync --format '%v\n' <repo> prefixes the output with "="

Paludis trac at pioto.org
Thu Nov 25 21:13:49 UTC 2010

#1048: cave print-repository-metadata --raw-name sync --format '%v\n' <repo>
prefixes the output with "="
 Reporter:  Philantrop    |          Owner:
     Type:  defect        |         Status:  new
 Blocking:                |   Distribution:  Exherbo

Comment(by ciaranm):

 The {{{%v}}} is in the form {{{key=value}}}. For syncs, we store it as a
 map of suffix label to sync URIs. We have a few options...

 We could change the internal representation so 'sync' holds the raw,
 unparsed value, and 'sync_parsed' contains the actual value.

 We could add in a whole load of fancy % things for handling sets,
 sequences and maps specially.

 We could just drop the = if the key is empty.

 Not sure which is best...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.pioto.org/paludis/ticket/1048#comment:1>
Paludis <http://paludis.pioto.org/>