[paludis-sekrit] Serialisation for resume command
ciaran.mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 05:58:20 UTC 2008
Is there any reason we have to stick with regenerating a fake dep list
for resume commands? It doesn't play nicely with continue-on-failure or
hooks, and the exec gets a bit weird. How's about something like:
paludis --install --serial-format 1 --usual-other-stuff \
Looking at a DepListEntry... We have:
* kind, which can easily be turned into a char or string
* package_id, which can easily be stringified
* associated_entry. Currently a pointer. We could turn this into an
index for the serialising.
* tags. Could be a bit messy.
* destination, which can easily be stringified by name.
* generation, which we can set to 0.
* state, which we don't really need but which stringifies easily.
* handled, which we can stringify with a bit of work.
Really, tags are the biggie...
From an API perspective, we could either provide a layer of abstraction
between DepList and InstallTask, or just add add() methods that take a
string set of serialised things. The former's probably easier...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the paludis-dev