[paludis-sekrit] ticket #183: proposal

Stefan Kögl skoegl at online.de
Sat Feb 2 18:34:56 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008 17:05:54 schrieb Ciaran McCreesh:

hi Ciaranm,

after you gave my a broad hint, here is a patch introducing the MutableKeyType
mentioned before. That patch only adds the type and initial visitor support
for it.

1. Now we can change existing keys, if they are wrapped with the mutable key.
Do we allow add and remove operations?

2. What is the next step? Defining the interface for export and import in
Environment?

2.1 Do we want fine-grained control over different configuration sections?

const tr1::shared_ptr<const MetadataSectionKey>
Environment::config_keys()

const tr1::shared_ptr<const MetadataSectionKey>
Environment::use_config_keys()

const tr1::shared_ptr<const MetadataSectionKey>
Environment::keywords_config_keys()

const tr1::shared_ptr<const MetadataSectionKey>
Environment::repositories_config_keys()

Environment::set_config_keys(tr1::shared_ptr<const MetadataSectionKey>)

Environment::set_use_config_keys(const tr1::shared_ptr<const
MetadataSectionKey> &)

2.2 Or do we only want "all or nothing"?