[Exherbo-dev] On burying ::haskell

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at kepstin.ca
Fri Aug 17 20:55:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 22:38 +0800, Julian Ospald wrote:
> The state of haskell packages in exherbo is pretty bad, but it is in
> most distros:
>
> 4. Very very few packages actually depend on stuff in haskell.
> Pandoc
> maybe, a few other single packages. And that's it. Nothing
> significant,
> so there is no pressure keeping anything up to date.

As far as it goes, I regularly use git-annex, and we've been stuck on a
fairly old version for quite a while due to the packaging problems. I
may end up building this myself - but I don't really want to deal with
a haskell dev environment just for this one tool.

The author provides prebuilt binaries - but they're not versioned. I'll
probably just throw together a git-annex-bin-scm package for my
personal use.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton at kepstin.ca>