[Exherbo-dev] Gitlab

Irvin Choi simdol8080 at gmail.com
Fri May 19 02:50:55 UTC 2017

Alip: If you have problem with Gitlab, please propose feasible reasons why
Gitlab is not ideal for Exherbo community instead of using this mailing
list to vent. You are not convincing anyone, it is unprofessional, and
counterproductive for the community.

Instead of asking politely, this attitude you took is unacceptable:
especially if you are the core developer of Exherbo.

As for your arguments, there are people who are willing to maintain Gitlab
outside developers. It will not take much effort to maintain a Gitlab
instance either. In the other side of your argument, Gitlab facilitates
users/devs to contribute as the interface is more friendly than current
Gerrit, and is much more scalable than Gerrit, or git send-mail.

I don't understand this part: "Do we want to look cool and rotinside? Do we
want the nightmare^Wgentoo back?". Why does this have to do with Gitlab?
Gitlab or not, the core of Exherbo and its philosophies will remain. Again,
if there is problem with changes that are to come, please voice your
opinion with feasible, logical reasons behind.

Regards,
Irvin