[Exherbo-dev] Gerrit issues & way forward
Wulf C. Krueger
philantrop at exherbo.org
Fri Oct 21 14:21:19 UTC 2016
as many of you experienced, Gerrit is currently having some issues:
- Logging in will sometimes fail
- Diffs of files can't be viewed
This was/is due to updating Gerrit to a version that had severe OAUTH
issues. These have been resolved with a new version released today and
is currently in-place.
Nevertheless, some accounts have been damaged over the last few days.
Resulting issues currently affecting Gerrit:
- The contents of the user table in the database have been damaged due
to the OAUTH issues which is why for some users there are still login
- Permissions are partly broken due to that as well (which is why the
diffs don't display).
- Due to prior version updates, having had to use workarounds, the
necessity to manually (SQL) fix database issues, etc., there's a lot of
cruft and simply some issues I found when I inspected the database in-depth.
- My admin account is broken and can't be repaired (boy, have I
tried...). Every time I log in (which ironically works just fine now
using either Google or Github), a new user gets created for myself.
The problem: Due to the OAUTH stuff, changes by Google, Github and
Gerrit upstream, dependencies and some other stuff, I *cannot* downgrade
to the previous Gerrit version.
Right now, I'm tempted to start over with a new Gerrit instance because
I don't see any practicable way to fix the stuff I mentioned.
Consequences of starting over:
- Will take a day or two
- All users will have to re-do any personal settings, options, queries, etc.
- Groups will have to be re-created and re-populated
- Custom permissions will have to be re-implemented
- Clean database without migration history
- No more manual SQL interventions; if it can't be done via the API, it
won't be done
- Gerrit will run inside a Docker container
Best regards, Wulf
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 213 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Exherbo-dev