[Exherbo-dev] RFC: Requiring an ML announcement before adding new virtuals and non-light alternatives

Kylie McClain somasissounds at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:15:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Wulf C. Krueger
<philantrop at exherbo.org> wrote:
> - We require an *announcement* on this list prior to introducing new
> virtuals and non-light alternatives.
>
> - The announcement should be sent at least 48 hours before pushing them.

I have a feeling we should wait a little longer than that. I usually
waited a week for things which I mailed the list about, to allow for a
detailed discussion before merging.

Although, my proposals dealt with coreutils and other important
things. So maybe I'm overestimating how much notice is needed.

> - There's *no* approval involved. It just gives everyone a time frame
> during which they can discuss the addition with the person wanting to
> introduce it.
> - Said discussion will hopefully avoid later "strong dissent" among us.

Sounds good to me. :)