[Exherbo-dev] New Exherbo+musl stage: x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621

Kylie McClain somasissounds at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 22:26:45 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, just wanted to give an update on the status of musl on Exherbo.

I just finished the creation of a new stage completely automatically, without
any intervention on my part done other than modification of the stage creation
script. :)

This stage comes almost 6 months after the previous stage was made, and as such
provides a much more up-to-date base for people wishing to run a musl system.
So, if you're interested in coming over to Exherbo in search of musl, now's a
good chance to give it a shot. :)

The usual details:

The latest musl stage can always be found at:
https://www.somasis.com/stages/exherbo-x86_64-pc-linux-musl-current.tar.xz

Make sure to consult the install guide for Exherbo, as it's applicable to
all Exherbo stages: https://exherbo.org/docs/install-guide.html

Note that musl stages do not come with systemd. A list of alternative init
systems can be found at https://exherbo.org/docs/without-systemd.html
OpenRC is likely the best supported alternative at the moment; it's fairly
new on Exherbo but OpenRC support has been added to many packages as of late.

Download links:

https://www.somasis.com/stages/exherbo-x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621.tar.xz
https://www.somasis.com/stages/sha1sum

63338f9e78d0669e2456fb3112c60d055bd4ac72
exherbo-x86_64-pc-linux-musl-20160621.tar.xz

If you have any issues feel free to poke me (Somasis) on #exherbo at freenode.