[Exherbo-dev] [RFC] Unprefixed executables.

Benedikt Morbach benedikt.morbach at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 9 02:43:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Bo Ørsted Andresen <zlin at exherbo.org> wrote:
> Adding to the bikeshedding, how about EXBANNEDDIR for the variable name and
> /usr/share/exherbo/banned_by_eapi/ for the PATH ?

I don't think we have an EX- prefix on any other variable names so I
like BANNEDDIR better.
I also think it isn't necessary as BANNEDDIR isn't likely to collide
with buildsystems. (looking at you, TARGETS)

As for the path, I don't think either of them fit that well. How about
/usr/share/exherbo/banned_by_distribution as a third option?
It depends more on the contents of ::arbor then on the eapi.