[Exherbo-dev] [RFC] Unprefixed executables.

Nikolay Orlyuk virkony at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:32:56 UTC 2016

Hello

How these folders like /usr/share/exherbo/banned_by_eapi/ would be
populated?
And how they will be cleared from "binaries" without reference from any
repo?

Take into account that we have next scenario of managing Paludis repo:

   - To add new repo I can write repo conf file and during next cave sync
   it will be fetched to a proper place (usually /var/db/paludis/repositories).
   - To remove some repo I either re-name .conf file or just remove it and
   Paludis do not take it into account anymore. Optionally I can delete repo
   folder and its cache since they are unused.

How adding/removing of repos will co-operate with adding/removing banned
executables?
I don't want to have folder like /usr/share or /usr/libexec be populated
with unmanaged files.
And don't want to cleanup banned executables left after installing some
broken package from broken repo.

I see next directions:

   1. Provide banned executables right in .exlib and .exheres-0.
   2. Provide different sets of them as usual packages which is being pull
   in as a build dependencies.
   3. Make list of banned executables be part of repo metadata.

As I can see we actively discussing approach #1.
But if we want to stick to .exlib/.exheres-0 approach then these folders of
injected executables shouldn't be part of installed system, I think. They
might be created somewhere under WORKBASE.

Cheers