[Exherbo-dev] System set proposal

Thomas Anderson tanderson at caltech.edu
Fri Apr 1 20:59:00 UTC 2016

Hi,
    There appears to be some kinks to work out in the upgrade path,
before we deprecate bash and gcc for good. Of course, I agree that this
is needed. I installed zebrapig, and then removed app-shells/bash and
sys-devel/gcc; they are large packages and if they are no longer needed
I'd like my disk space back.

Strangely, I am no longer to either start new terminals nor compile
code. Can you help me track down the problem (I'm sure it is in
zebrapig) ? Is this upgrade path still in alpha stage?

My first guess is that the following shebang causes problems when using
zebrapig as the shell:

#!/bin/bash

Could zebrapig be entering an infinite loop? I don't have a theory for
why I can no longer compile code. :/

Please help!

Thomas