[Exherbo-dev] coreutils alternatives merging notice (or, "The Coreutils Alternopocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo")

Kylie McClain somasissounds at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:55:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 4:59 AM, Bryan Østergaard
<bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have this also been tested with stage generation?

I don't think so, Jenkins' stage generation only uses things committed
to the repositories at the time of generation.
However, things that build fine and install fine with Jenkins'
commit testing usually end up working fine anyway, so I'll be
surprised if it does anything
bad.

> Have it been tested on anything besides ~amd64?

I've tested it on my Raspberry Pi (which is ~armv7), but
nothing in the logic behind the alternatives magic is
architecture dependent, so anything that
sys-apps/coreutils already supported before this should be
fine.