[Exherbo-dev] coreutils alternatives merging notice (or, "The Coreutils Alternopocalypse 2: Electric Boogaloo")

Bryan Østergaard bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:59:54 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:51 AM, Kylie McClain <somasissounds at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi again everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that I plan on
> merging the
> coreutils alternatives changes on Saturday if no one says otherwise. The
> possibility of this affecting uninterested users is gone now, since it has
> been
> shown to work just fine by tests on Jenkins, on my computers, and by
> heirecka
> and Keruspe's testing, per my request.
>
> Have this also been tested with stage generation? I really wouldn't want
to see that
broken for something I still don't see as very interesting for the majority
of Exherbo
people.

Have it been tested on anything besides ~amd64?

Other than those questions I'm going to (somewhat grudgingly) accept this.

And finally I'd like to remind everybody that Exherbo really isn't about
choice and
never has been. One of the basic tenants of Exherbo is providing as few
option flags
and similar as we can sensibly get away with. This has helped us greatly
towards
keeping things simple and being able to provide the stability we often
mention as one
of the selling points of Exherbo.

It's very important to me that we keep this in mind and I'm going to start
slapping people
around a bit if we stray too far from that.

/Bryan