[Exherbo-dev] Getting rid of the bin/sbin split
Wulf C. Krueger
philantrop at exherbo.org
Mon Mar 9 21:40:34 UTC 2015
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
It's historical nonsense and we should get rid of it:
- - bin & sbin in Exherbo are in a totally inconsistent messy state.
- - We've no criteria to put things in either directory. We all do it
- - We shouldn't keep pointless crap that's inconsistent.
- - Making sbin a symlink doesn't really cost us anything but makes
things finally consistent.
- - Unsplitting it also gains cross-distro compatibility. With the
merge+symlink, it doesn't matter where a script thinks the tool should be.
- - The split doesn't make any sense at all anymore.
- - The split is ugly aestetics and those must be eradicated.
For some background:
And we should do it *now* while we're breaking everything with cross
anyway in order to avoid breaking things twice.
Best regards, Wulf "who's never going to rely on IRC decisions
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Exherbo-dev