[Exherbo-dev] Integrity checking

Bernd Steinhauser exherbo at bernd-steinhauser.de
Sat Mar 7 17:59:04 UTC 2015

On 20/02/15 22:15, Niels Ole Salscheider wrote:
> Ok, sure. I am not opposed to using git annex but it would require somebody to
> do the work - and it seems that there is no one who is able and willing to do
> it.

For Exherbo, that's true, although I think that it would make a very nice and
interesting GSOC project.
I even think that a co-operation with other distributions might be possible to
create a perl- or C-based alternative using the idea of git-annex, but
specifically for distfile / package / delta distribution.

Apart from that. Would having haskell in system be such a big deal? It's not
nice, sure, but if that allows us to use significant advantages regarding
distfile distributions, we should at least think about it.
In fact, we could still go for an optional approach. There, it would be in the
stage's set and pre-installed, but if you don't want it, disable the
functionality and live with the downsides (which is basically the status quo).