[Exherbo-dev] Install systemd units unconditionally
Wulf C. Krueger
philantrop at exherbo.org
Sun Jun 7 15:04:12 UTC 2015
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I'd like to suggest installing systemd units unconditionally. At the
moment, the "systemd" option is mostly used to install them.
Sometimes, though, e. g. in PHP, it means something completely
different. In other cases, it's used to break cyclic dependencies and
in yet other cases, it's actually used to disable systemd integration.
It's a mess.
If we just install systemd units unconditionally...
- - we can use the "systemd" option to just mean "systemd integration"
(and a handful of cyclic dep breakers),
- - we don't hurt anyone - they're tiny text files,
- - we reduce confusion (e. g. PHP usually should have the systemd
- - we get rid of an option that's purely for runtime configuration,
- - we reduce the options clutter,
Plus: The systemd option defaults to on anyway so unless someone
globally sets "-systemd" (fool!) the units are installed anyway.
Please do respond even if it's just +1. Knowing you lazy bastards ;-),
though, I'll just do this - unless there's violent opposition - in
about a week from now.
Best regards, Wulf
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Exherbo-dev