[Exherbo-dev] Adding Emacs to the stages set

Marc-Antoine Perennou keruspe at exherbo.org
Mon May 12 01:39:37 UTC 2014

> On 08 May 2014, at 21:15, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:
>
> May be the best way - create stages without any editor?
> Now stages have paludis with pbin support, may be best of all -
> provide in install guide commands to install via binary
> vim/emacs/nano/mcedit ?

I don't think having no editor at all is the right thing to do there + we don't provide official binaries (yet ?) and you would still need an editor to configure paludis beforehand.

As a vim user, I don't really care having emacs in the stages (read : it doesn't bother me). It makes things easier for everyone and I think most of us end up with a "cave purge" to prune most of the stages set when installing anyway.
It's not as if we were adding it to system.

My 2 cts