[Exherbo-dev] Adding Emacs to the stages set

Xavier Barrachina xabarci at doctor.upv.es
Mon May 5 11:34:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Maxime Coste <frrrwww at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that installing a useable vim or emacs does not necessitate to edit
> paludis config files, we could reflect that in the install guide by adding
> a 'install your editor of choice' step before setting options.

The thing is the user has to check the options of the package manager
before installing.

If not having the preferred editor in the stages is such a nuisance, could
we note in the install guide that they could use the editor from outside
the chroot if they need to? I mean, the editor is there, just change the
path.

I don't always have installed exherbo with a good connection to the internet.
I see keeping the stages small as a plus.