[Exherbo-dev] Adding Emacs to the stages set

julien durillon julien.durillon at gmail.com
Sat May 3 11:19:30 UTC 2014

> we've had vim in the stages for a long time. For those of us and our
> users who don't use vim but Emacs, this has been a nuisance.
>
> Thus, I'd like to add Emacs to the stages set so that both editors
> will be available to everyone from the start. Having both of the major
> editors will ensure that whoever comes to Exherbo will have his
> favourite editor around to use and feel right at home.
>
> Adding Emacs adds about 30 MB to the stages but I don't think this is
> a major issue these days.

I'm not an emacs user, but I think it would be fairer to have that one
around.
At least, people who have a hard time installing exherbo will be able to
consult the psychiatrist.
That's a +1 for what it's worth.

> In private discussions, the proposal to remove vim, not add Emacs and
> instead add nano to the stages came up. I don't think this would be
> very useful since it would alienate basically everyone.

Nope! NOPE! Every time I use a basic Ubuntu machine I want to kill myself.
(I just wanted to illustrate the "alienate … everyone" thingy.)

--
Julien Durillon