[Exherbo-dev] Providers (and virtuals)

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at kepstin.ca
Wed Feb 26 16:46:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-26 at 17:29 +0100, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
> On 18.02.2014 22:44, Quentin Glidic wrote:
> > Here is another take on that || ( ) thingy.
>
> Seeing this being used now, I think we should provide sane defaults
> for those providers.
>
> How is anyone supposed to choose the provider for virtual/pkg-config
> if he doesn't know about enough about its providers?
>
> It's similar for basically every converted virtual out there.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree with this. Previously there was an implied default for these
cases - the first package in the || ( ) list would be used if none of
the packages were preferred for any other reason.

Setting defaults for providers in the profile options.conf should work,
and is easy enough to override for people who care.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton at kepstin.ca>