[Exherbo-dev] Dropping python 3.1

Paul Seidler sepek at exherbo.org
Tue Oct 22 16:34:58 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:31:17 +0900
Marc-Antoine Perennou <keruspe at exherbo.org> wrote:
> If no one has a good reason to keep it around, I'd like to nuke
> python:3.1
>
> - it has been masked as broken forever

It is masked because of the big python problem, not because it is
broken in the meaning of "doesn't work".

> - we already have 3.2 and 3.3 slots for python3
> - nothing depends only on python:3.1, everything is compatible with
> other versions

That are no reasons to drop 3.1 in best case indicators.

> - setuptools is broken with python:3.1

Tests for setuptools are broken not the real usage afaik.

> If no objections, I'll drop it in a week.

I see no reason to drop it as long as it works and it is still
supported by upstream (security fixes) and yes I use it for some stuff.