[Exherbo-dev] Impossible to install Exherbo amd64 with the latest stage on Virtualbox

Pierre Lejeune superheron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 06:39:47 UTC 2013


Hello Corbic,

I've freshly installed Exherbo amd64 on a VBox machine (just like you) with
the latest stage and faced the same issues.

I fixed that by running PALUDIS_DO_NOTHING_SANBOXY="yes" cave
generate-metadata.

I recently reinstalled Exherbo on my physical machine and hadn't had that
issue.

Maybe alip may help us. :-)

Regards.


2013/8/18 Corbic <corbic at gmail.com>

> Hello,
> I have tried to installe Exherbo using the two latest stages provided :
>
>    - exherbo-amd64-20130722.tar.xz<http://dev.exherbo.org/stages/exherbo-amd64-20130722.tar.xz>
>    - exherbo-amd64-20130528.tar.xz<http://dev.exherbo.org/stages/old/exherbo-amd64-20130528.tar.xz>
>
> I haven't been able to install sys-apps/systemd
>
> I have been able to install a system using the following stages:
>
>    - exherbo-amd64-20130217.tar.xz<http://dev.exherbo.org/stages/old/exherbo-amd64-20130217.tar.xz>
>    - exherbo-x86-20130528.tar.xz<http://dev.exherbo.org/stages/old/exherbo-x86-20130528.tar.xz>
>
> On the current version of stage for amd64
>
> I have the following message when I'm trying to install systemd (cave sync
> works properly)
>
>
> Resolving: 1 steps, 1 metadata (1 arbor) cave at 1376838019: [WARNING
> e.ebuild.cache_failure] In thread ID '2635':
>   ... In program cave resolve sys-apps/systemd:
>   ... When adding targets from commandline:
>   ... When adding target 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding slots for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When determining resolvents for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding best version of each package from packages matching
> sys-apps/systemd (ignoring additional requirements) with filter all matches
> filtered through supports action install filtered through not masked
> filtered through all matches:
>   ... When generating metadata for ID 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor':
>   ... When running an ebuild command on 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor':
>   ... Could not generate cache for 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor',
> stdout says '' and stderr says 'seccomp_init failed (errno:22 Invalid
> argument)
> sydbox at 1376838019: Unexpected wait status 100 (errno:22|EINVAL| Invalid
> argument)
> '
> cave at 1376838019: [WARNING e.ebuild.metadata.unusable] No usable metadata
> for 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor'
> cave at 1376838019: [WARNING e.ebuild.postload_eapi.mismatch] In thread ID
> '2635':
>   ... In program cave resolve sys-apps/systemd:
>   ... When adding targets from commandline:
>   ... When adding target 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding slots for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When determining resolvents for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding best version of each package from packages matching
> sys-apps/systemd (ignoring additional requirements) with filter all matches
> filtered through supports action install filtered through not masked
> filtered through all matches:
>   ... When generating metadata for ID 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor':
>   ... When loading generated metadata for 'sys-apps/systemd-206-r1::arbor':
>   ... Post-source EAPI 'UNKNOWN' does not match pre-source EAPI
> 'exheres-0', treating as unknown
> Resolving: 1 steps, 2 metadata (2 arbor) cave at 1376838020: [WARNING
> e.ebuild.cache_failure] In thread ID '2635':
>   ... In program cave resolve sys-apps/systemd:
>   ... When adding targets from commandline:
>   ... When adding target 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding slots for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When determining resolvents for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding best version of each package from packages matching
> sys-apps/systemd (ignoring additional requirements) with filter all matches
> filtered through supports action install filtered through not masked
> filtered through all matches:
>   ... When generating metadata for ID 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor':
>   ... When running an ebuild command on 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor':
>   ... Could not generate cache for 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor', stdout
> says '' and stderr says 'seccomp_init failed (errno:22 Invalid argument)
> sydbox at 1376838020: Unexpected wait status 100 (errno:22|EINVAL| Invalid
> argument)
> '
> cave at 1376838020: [WARNING e.ebuild.metadata.unusable] No usable metadata
> for 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor'
> cave at 1376838020: [WARNING e.ebuild.postload_eapi.mismatch] In thread ID
> '2635':
>   ... In program cave resolve sys-apps/systemd:
>   ... When adding targets from commandline:
>   ... When adding target 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding slots for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When determining resolvents for 'sys-apps/systemd':
>   ... When finding best version of each package from packages matching
> sys-apps/systemd (ignoring additional requirements) with filter all matches
> filtered through supports action install filtered through not masked
> filtered through all matches:
>   ... When generating metadata for ID 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor':
>   ... When loading generated metadata for 'sys-apps/systemd-scm::arbor':
>   ... Post-source EAPI 'UNKNOWN' does not match pre-source EAPI
> 'exheres-0', treating as unknown
> Done: 4 steps, 2 metadata (2 arbor)
>
> These are the actions I will take, in order:
>
> (nothing to do)
> I encountered the following errors:
>
> !   sys-apps/systemd
>     Reasons: target
>     Unsuitable candidates:
>       * sys-apps/systemd-204-r1:0::installed
>         Did not meet sys-apps/systemd, never using existing, installing to
> / from target
>
>
> My version of the Virtualbox is 04.02.16 and the host is running on MacOS
> X 10.7.5
>
> Do you have any clue what is wrong with my configuration ?
>
> I will try to provide you all the informations you may need.
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Exherbo-dev mailing list
> Exherbo-dev at lists.exherbo.org
> http://lists.exherbo.org/mailman/listinfo/exherbo-dev
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.exherbo.org/pipermail/exherbo-dev/attachments/20130820/cc04d1c1/attachment.html>


More information about the Exherbo-dev mailing list