[Exherbo-dev] Removing ccache from stages

Marc-Antoine Perennou Marc-Antoine at Perennou.com
Wed Oct 31 20:56:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Currently, stages are shipped with ccache installed and activated.
While ccache can be useful and appreciated in some conditions, it also can
cause weird breakages, as seens tonight on #exherbo:

21:25:28       Kdecherf | I can't find a solution for this fail
http://paste.pound-python.org/show/27291/

Is there any reason to "force" people to use it unless they explicitely
disable it ?

I think we just should ship stages without ccache and let users install it
themselves if they want to use it.

What do you think ? Are there any reason to keep it there ?