[Exherbo-dev] [Exherbo-devel] Include iproute2 instead of net-tools in the system set

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 14:12:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:43:16 +0200
Marc-Antoine Perennou
<Marc-Antoine-byKK58mp9DtWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On 20 August 2012 16:48, Marc-Antoine Perennou
> <Marc-Antoine-cz+vXjOp3I5Wk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 20 August 2012 16:35, Markus Rothe <markus-h/r3LJM51Y2BYrYycbcsJg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> >> Sources?
> >

> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg00780.html
> >
> > from the net-tools maintainers
>

> Any other thoughts on that ?

It should probably be noted that "ifconfig" is common enough that it's
used in some software (one example I can think of is tahoe-lafs, which
parses it's output with regexps for ip's to advertise, if not
configured, pretty sure there's more), but I don't know of any such
offenders in system set, and imho it must be rare enough that deps can
be added where necessary.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net