[Exherbo-dev] [Exherbo Security] Package Distfile Signing Proposal

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 15:28:11 UTC 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 17:20:04 +0200
Wouter van Kesteren <woutershep at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:36:14 +0200
> > "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
> > Directory idea above:
> > $ cat foobar-files/* | sha1sum
> > e7e2a2d0b22bfd51da771f1b1a5095bfadbaa829
>
> I would like to point out that this does not work due to 'option? ()'
> style downloads.

It's trivial to create a utility for developers that downloads all
downloads, including ones that are in untaken option? ( ) blocks.

The issue is that developers would have to make and commit their
changes, sync, do the downloading, update the exhereses and then squish
the commit. That's an extra two messy steps that we haven't found a way
to solve.