[Exherbo-dev] gmp and mpfr migration path

Benedikt Morbach benedikt.morbach at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 10:40:54 UTC 2012

fwiw, I did this yesterday and it worked flawlessly.

A few packages still broke, but those were non-critical and got fixed
by 'cave fix-linkage':
dev-libs/gnutls-3.0.19:0::arbor
dev-libs/glib-networking-2.32.1:0::arbor
gnome-bindings/seed-3.2.0-r1:0::gnome

Also, a few exheres outside ::arbor arre missing := deps.
For me those were:
gnome-bindings/seed-3.2.0-r1:0::gnome
sci-libs/glpk-4.47:0::scientific

But I deviated from the given upgrade path and did the following
  cave resolve world -c -...
  cave uninstall 'gmp:0' 'mpfr:0' --uninstalls-may-break '*/*'
  cave fix-linkage

because the fix-linkage call given tried to rebuild everything again.