[Exherbo-dev] system set cleanup

Bo Ørsted Andresen zlin at exherbo.org
Sat Jan 14 23:24:41 GMT 2012

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:54:10PM +0100, Elias Pipping wrote:
> Those are arguments for including busybox with the stage tarballs. For
> that, it does not have to be part of the system set. The package
> app-editors/e4r is already handled in this manner.
>
> So we have yet to hear an argument against removing busybox from the
> system set.

The script that generates stages currently hard codes the following list
of packages to be added to world and installed by default:

ccache dhcpcd screen strace vim e4r pciutils wgetpaste grub gdb

There's no reason busybox couldn't go on that list as well. Hard coding
it there is, however, not very pretty.

A suggestion that has come up is adding a new set to arbor called
'stages'. Letting that list all the above mentioned packages. And then
letting the stages script install every package in that set (and add
them to the world set separately).

--
Bo Ørsted Andresen