[Exherbo-dev] system set cleanup

Bernd Steinhauser exherbo at bernd-steinhauser.de
Sat Jan 14 20:25:24 GMT 2012

On 14/01/12 21:00, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
> On 14.01.2012 00:30, Marc-Antoine Perennou wrote:
>> I suggest removing busybox from the system set (and make the few
>> packages that need it, if any, depend on it directly).
> Speak up now if you're opposed to this or I'm going to push the patch in
> 24 hours.
I'd vote against it. busybox is not strictly spoken a system dependency, but it
can be a vital tool in case of a broken system.
Since it doesn't really have many dependencies itself, you would just gain about
4-5MB disk space.

Of course, everybody can add it to his own world set, but I think it's a good
idea to have something like busybox around by default.