[Exherbo-dev] Multilib branch now merged

Saleem Abdulrasool compnerd at compnerd.org
Tue Jan 10 06:45:31 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:41 AM, David Leverton <dleverton at exherbo.org> wrote:
> On 8 January 2012 15:43, Bo Ørsted Andresen <zlin at exherbo.org> wrote:
>> So is it an all or nothing sort of thing? Either it's a data only
>> package or it supports all C ABIs that we support at any given time?
>>
>> The advantage of having each exheres specify which ABIs it supports is
>> that we can add only the ABIs we actually tested with that specific
>> package.
>
> If we want that, maybe the target names should be more specific.  Just
> because someone's tested that a package works with both 32 and 64 on
> AMD64 doesn't mean it'll work with 32 and 64 on MIPS or PPC, for
> example.  But other than that, it's a valid point.

The more specific naming is a good idea.  Infact, it was something
that was potentially interesting to consider.  In particular, I was
thinking of using the target triple as the multibuild target.  It is
explicit as well as easy to identify what is supported/has been
tested.  It could also allow for more interesting extensions in the
future.

>> We haven't decided anything wrt. to multilib in a couple of years now.
>
> Well then I hereby decide that we're going to switch to using (-).

Saleem Abdulrasool
compnerd (at) compnerd (dot) org