[Exherbo-dev] Multilib branch now merged

David Leverton dleverton at exherbo.org
Mon Jan 9 19:41:25 GMT 2012

On 8 January 2012 15:43, Bo Ørsted Andresen <zlin at exherbo.org> wrote:
> So is it an all or nothing sort of thing? Either it's a data only
> package or it supports all C ABIs that we support at any given time?
>
> The advantage of having each exheres specify which ABIs it supports is
> that we can add only the ABIs we actually tested with that specific
> package.

If we want that, maybe the target names should be more specific.  Just
because someone's tested that a package works with both 32 and 64 on
AMD64 doesn't mean it'll work with 32 and 64 on MIPS or PPC, for
example.  But other than that, it's a valid point.

> We haven't decided anything wrt. to multilib in a couple of years now.

Well then I hereby decide that we're going to switch to using (-).