[Exherbo-dev] HEADS UP: Version bump to systemd-43 / Move to /usr

Ciaran McCreesh ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 18 21:01:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:40:59 +0100
"Wulf C. Krueger" <wk at mailstation.de> wrote:
> This won't matter much to you if you don't have /usr split from / (it
> should *not* be split;
> cf.
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken ).

I'm a little unhappy with us pushing propaganda like that. It's one
thing to say that "we've decided that it's too difficult to get
split /usr to work", which might be the case if enough upstreams are
forcing us to go that way, but it's quite another to claim that
split /usr is wrong. We might have to accept what they've done, but we
don't have to like it, and we certainly don't have to advocate it or
encourage them to carry on unilaterally doing that kind of thing.