[Exherbo-dev] BUGS_TO discussion

Ali Polatel alip at exherbo.org
Tue Sep 27 18:35:37 BST 2011

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:28:37 +0200, "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop at exherbo.org> wrote:

> >> Yes, and while we're at it, let's add the whole world's phone
> >> directories, availability planning, ressource planning, project plans
> >> and timelines as well.
> > What's wrong with storing more detailed information somewhere
> > easy-to-access?
>
> It's simply not worth any effort.

You lazy bum!

> > I can't say I care, but not discussing problems and/or possible
> > optimisations over the current situation just because your stupid
> > scripts will break is not a good attitude.
>
> It's not about my script (which is easy enough to adapt if need be).
>
> It's just that things like this take time away from *real* issues (like
> patches rotting on Zebrapig for ages).

I was going to mention this in my first mail but I *knew* you were going
to talk about it eventually. Using git for distributed development yet
using an IRC bot for patch submission is highly weird. I would even go
far and call it schizophrenic! Oh well, it's a mad distribution[1] so I
will not start a flamewar on irc bots vs. git-send-email... No offense
but be aware that neither writing blog posts nor whining about the
rotting patches will change anything _unless_ we move away from this
inefficient way of patch submission in my humble opinion.

> This all started as a suggestion to rename the BUGS_TO field because
> *one* person did not know what it means. That has been cleared up.
>
> I can go back to working on stuff, you can go back to PinkTrace and
> everyone else can work on patches. :-)

I swear to $deity that I will never ever use CamelCase ever again!

Speaking of insanity: http://dev.exherbo.org/~alip/images/move-your-eyes-around.jpg

> --
> Best regards, Wulf

[1]: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR91Rj1ZN1M