[Exherbo-dev] BUGS_TO discussion

Wulf C. Krueger philantrop at exherbo.org
Tue Sep 27 17:28:37 BST 2011

Hello Ali,

On 27.09.2011 17:55, Ali Polatel wrote:
>>> Maybe a special file akin to git's mailmap can be used to provide
>>> additional information mappings to specific mail addresses?
>> Yes, and while we're at it, let's add the whole world's phone
>> directories, availability planning, ressource planning, project plans
>> and timelines as well.
> What's wrong with storing more detailed information somewhere
> easy-to-access?

It's simply not worth any effort.

> I can't say I care, but not discussing problems and/or possible
> optimisations over the current situation just because your stupid
> scripts will break is not a good attitude.

It's not about my script (which is easy enough to adapt if need be).

It's just that things like this take time away from *real* issues (like
patches rotting on Zebrapig for ages).

This all started as a suggestion to rename the BUGS_TO field because
*one* person did not know what it means. That has been cleared up.

I can go back to working on stuff, you can go back to PinkTrace and
everyone else can work on patches. :-)

Speaking of moms: http://www.allout.org/en/actions/maespelaigualdade

--
Best regards, Wulf