[Exherbo-dev] BUGS_TO discussion

Ali Polatel alip at exherbo.org
Tue Sep 27 16:55:28 BST 2011

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:18:57 +0200, "Wulf C. Krueger" <philantrop at exherbo.org> wrote:

> Sorry, but that's all nonsense. BUGS_TO works fine and we shouldn't
> change anything that just works.
>
> >> That would mean adding in a whole new special parser thing and a way of
> >> combining stuff across exlibs for it. Do you really want a new,
> >> inconsistent syntax?
>
> No.
>
> > Maybe a special file akin to git's mailmap can be used to provide
> > additional information mappings to specific mail addresses?
>
> Yes, and while we're at it, let's add the whole world's phone
> directories, availability planning, ressource planning, project plans
> and timelines as well.

What's wrong with storing more detailed information somewhere
easy-to-access? To be honest I do not actually care about the BUGS_TO
field as I have no use case for it. I've just suggested what I think an
easier-to-implement solution over eternaleye's idea...

> Can we bury this now?

I can't say I care, but not discussing problems and/or possible
optimisations over the current situation just because your stupid
scripts will break is not a good attitude.

> 181933  Philantrop> alip: Don't take my mail on the list personally, please.

Why would I? You have yet to mention my mom or buddha...

> --
> Best regards, Wulf

        -alip