[Exherbo-dev] BUGS_TO discussion

Wulf C. Krueger philantrop at exherbo.org
Tue Sep 27 16:18:57 BST 2011

>>> In order to best do this, might it be a good idea to change it to be
>>> an email-style address list?
>>> i.e.
>>> BUGS_TO="Alex Elsayed <eternaleye at gmail.com>, John Doe
>>> <jdoe at example.com>"
>>> That would make it much easier to find the person/people on IRC when

Sorry, but that's all nonsense. BUGS_TO works fine and we shouldn't
change anything that just works.

>> That would mean adding in a whole new special parser thing and a way of
>> combining stuff across exlibs for it. Do you really want a new,
>> inconsistent syntax?

No.

> Maybe a special file akin to git's mailmap can be used to provide
> additional information mappings to specific mail addresses?

Yes, and while we're at it, let's add the whole world's phone
directories, availability planning, ressource planning, project plans
and timelines as well.

Can we bury this now?

--
Best regards, Wulf