[Exherbo-dev] Open Invention Network

Bryan Østergaard bryan.ostergaard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 20:37:31 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Wulf C. Krueger <philantrop at exherbo.org> wrote:
<lots of stuff snipped>
> What do you guys think? Bryan?

My stance on software patents is probably not a big surprise (they
need to die, the sooner the better). That said having some means of
fighting back is probably better than nothing.

My main worry however is if there's any way this could get in the way
of joining some other organisation that can help us set up a
non-profit organisation which would make donations much easier to
handle (right now we pretty much can't accept donations - unless
they're personal donations to one of the developers). Some way of
handling donations is much more important to me as that could help our
infrastructure as the project grows and might also go towards helping
developers cover a small part of the costs incurred when going to
conferences or whatever.

So the two questions that I don't see answered by the above is:
1. whether we're free to join other organisations and under which terms
2. how easy it is to leave OIN again if we end up in a situation where
that'd be neccessary.

Assuming that the answers are satisfactory I don't think I have
anything against joining OIN personally.

/Bryan