[Exherbo-dev] sandboxing

Mathias Ruediger ruediger at blueboot.org
Sun Jun 5 13:55:45 BST 2011

Hi

Since I upgraded my machine to a Phenom x6, I have some issues regarding
sydbox. It runs at 100% and can (afaik) only utilize one core. Therefore
it is quite a performance gap, meaning that the other five cores never
are fully utilized. As I understand, the reason is the kernels pthread
implementation which has some shortcomings. As I doubt this problem will
be solved anytime soon, it might be a good idea to look for alternative
approaches. Is there a list of features a sandbox has to have to be of
any use?

so long
Mathias