[Exherbo-dev] Python improvements

Paul Seidler pl.seidler at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:46:57 BST 2011

21.07.2011, 14:55 +0200 schrieb Bernd Steinhauser:
> On 21/07/11 04:54, Paul Seidler wrote:
> >> I think this would be the job of a the python exlib, so you wouldn't use
> >> option_enable directly, but i.e. python_enable which would echo --enable-python
> >> if any of the suboptions are activated and --disable-python if none.
> > Right, but I want to keep the exlib own functions as few as possible, in
> > my opinion there are already to much and I won't add another.
> You should add functions to exlibs if it makes sense to add them, not by
> counting them. ;)
> >> They can have descriptions. For example, kde_parts do have descriptions. Or do
> >> you mean the suboption itself?
> >> I don't really think that would be necessary.
> > In the case of removing the option, I think this is needed as the
> > description would be redundant and be long for packages which won't be
> > use a default description.
> What?

e.g. git (suboption part of cave show):
actually:
"python
    -2.6 Install helper scripts for git remote helpers, a compatibility
layer with other SCMs using python-2.6
    2.7  Install helper scripts for git remote helpers, a compatibility
layer with other SCMs using python-2.7
    -3.1 Install helper scripts for git remote helpers, a compatibility
layer with other SCMs using python-3.1
"

this would be simply better:
"python  Install helper scripts for git remote helpers, a compatibility
layer with other SCMs
    -2.6 using python-2.6
    2.7  using python-2.7
    -3.1 using python-3.1