[Exherbo-dev] Python improvements

Bo Ørsted Andresen zlin at exherbo.org
Thu Jul 21 00:32:55 BST 2011

On Wednesday 20 July 2011 22:28:26 Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
> > I think that would be useful because PYTHON is ignored if python is
> > disabled and that would left " -python PYTHON: -2.6 2.7 -3.1" over
> > that is irritating but more user friendly (as python is default
> > disabled and PYTHON: 2.6 enabled). Of course there are other solutions
> > like disable PYTHON: * or enable python, but in my opinion none is
> > perfect except of this one, other ideas are welcome.
>
> Shouldn't the python support just be disabled if you set PYTHON: -*?
> In other words: What's the point of the python option?

Putting '*/* PYTHON: -2.6 2.7 -3.1' in your options.conf means I want to use
python:2.7 for python things. It does not mean I want python support for every
package that has optional python support.

The question here is whether the following output is confusing or not?

n cat/foo:0::repo
   -python -xinetd PYTHON: -2.6 2.7 -3.1 build_options: ...

--
Bo Andresen