[Exherbo-dev] Python improvements

Paul Seidler pl.seidler at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 20 20:59:55 BST 2011

2011/7/20 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh at googlemail.com>

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:55:16 +0000
> Paul Seidler <pl.seidler at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I think it would be really nifty if suboptions can be treated like
> > options, so that there could be an suboption python with a description
> > and when the option is enabled the different python versions appear
> > and can be enabled/disabled.
>
> Could you explain what you mean by that please?

I'll try it but I've modified the idea a little bit:
I mean to bind an option to a suboption (in this case PYTHON to
python) so if -python is selected you don't get the "PYTHON:*" output
for resolving foo/bar.
e.g. git:
+python: " -xinetd PYTHON: -2.6 2.7 -3.1 build_options: "
-python: " -xinetd build_options: "

I think that would be useful because PYTHON is ignored if python is
disabled and that would left " -python PYTHON: -2.6 2.7 -3.1" over
that is irritating but more user friendly (as python is default
disabled and PYTHON: 2.6 enabled). Of course there are other solutions
like disable PYTHON: * or enable python, but in my opinion none is
perfect except of this one, other ideas are welcome.