[Exherbo-dev] Can we nuke EXTRA_ECONF and EXTRA_EMAKE?

Bo Ørsted Andresen zlin at exherbo.org
Wed Jul 20 00:58:38 BST 2011

EXTRA_ECONF and EXTRA_EMAKE lets users inject extra configure or make
arguments in bashrc for things that use econf and/or emake without modifying
an exheres. Some packages that don't use econf currently abuse EXTRA_ECONF.
Most notably anything that requires cmake.exlib or ant.exlib. This is bad.

Is this concept useful at all? Can we just nuke support for those variables
entirely?

If not what should things that don't use econf and/or emake do?

--
Bo Andresen