[Exherbo-dev] systemd paludis uninstall phase

Bernd Steinhauser exherbo at bernd-steinhauser.de
Tue Jan 18 16:32:57 GMT 2011

On 17/01/11 21:21, Vasiliy G Tolstov wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 19:01 +0100, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
>>> I wouldn't say that services should be automatically stopped and disabled
>>> when uninstalling the corresponding package, but we should at least throw
>>> a warning if it is running and/or enabled.
>> Hm... At least the "enabled" case makes sense, yes. Please create a patch for
>> systemd-service.exlib that checks if systemd is the currently selected init
>> system and allows for issuing such a warning. :-)
>>
>> Best regards, Wulf
> Patch like this?
>
> http://paste.pocoo.org/show/322367
I'd prefer a solution, which only warns the user (in pkg_pretend), if a service
he uninstalls is still enabled and/or running.

Silently disabling and stopping the service isn't really nice.

It might be ok to automatically disable/stop the service, but you have to warn
the user about that before(!) the uninstallation.